Tuesday 30 April 2013

Greetings from Breckenreid

Day number two has come to a close. My coworker from Winnipeg and transport Canada arrived this morning at 8:30. We had breakfast together and then spent the afternoon at the test facility going through test plans and paperwork for the testing to start tomorrow.

I found today to be quite a bit harder to stay awake. I think yesterday was an anomaly and now today I'm feeling the result of the 7 hrs time difference.

We went for dinner in Luzern again, this time to a Brauserie (German for brewery). I had two Bavarian sausages and a pretzel along with two beers. The meal wasn't bad but I wouldn't say it was worth the $40 that it cost... Oh well...

Had some interesting times yesterday. Jason (guy from Tucson) and I got to the test lab which is about 10 mins driving distance away from our hotel. To the one side you look up at houses built into the mountain side on some pretty serious slopes. Near the houses you can hear cow bells clanging away as the cows walk in the pasture. The clouds were low and created a neat effect with the mountain/hill top poking out through the top of the clouds.

After work, Jason and I went to Luzern for dinner, there really aren't many options in our little village of Breckenreid. We parked and attempted to pay about the machine wouldn't take my 5 Swiss franc coin. So, I proceeded to walk around trying to find somewhere to exchange for smaller coins. After 10 mins of searching, we finally went to the pub we were at the night before with one of my friends from university.

Once parking was paid for, we wandered around and stopped in one pub for a drink. We then went to the train station just to check it out and then went to another pub where the big action was the two teams of dart players.

After this, we attempted to find somewhere to eat but everything seemed to be closed or already shutdown and cleaned their grills. So, we went to Burger King...

I felt bad that we didn't get somewhere fancier as it was Jason's birthday yesterday... However he was quite content with Burger King, he misses America he said.

After Burger King we drove back to our hotel but had difficulties getting in at 12am. The hotel lobby was pitch black and the two entrances in the garage wouldn't accept Jason or my key card to open the door. However, when we went up to the street entrance door, it was unlocked. Figure that one out...

Well, I should get some sleep. Testing starts tomorrow at 8 am so we are meeting for breakfast at 7:30.

Here are some pictures from the last few days:







No comments:

Post a Comment