Sunday 21 April 2013

Email titled "Damage from Tire Replacement at CTC 6700 Cote des Neiges"

Dear Mr. Lafleur,

I was given your contact information from one of the on-duty managers today.

I recently had my car serviced at your location - replacement of my winter tires with summer tires, not on rims.

I attempted to have this completed on Saturday 20 Apr 13. I called and was told if I brought my car in the shop could have this competed by 17:00. I brought in mu car and left it for the day. I received a phone call at about 15:30 from the shop asking where my lock nut adapter was located. I provided the answer (in my trunk with the spare tire). The mechanics looked but could not find it. I received a call about 30 mins later explaining this. I took your employees word as I did have my car serviced in November at the CTC on Sources and figured perhaps they forgot to replace my adapter.

I picked up my car at 16:30 and drove it back to my apartment. I decided to check for the adapter in my trunk. Within a minute I found it exactly where I told them - in with the spare tire.

I returned my car to the shop this morning (Sunday 21 Apr 13) at 10:00 and explained that I found the adapter in the trunk. The service coordinator was rather accommodating (I don't recall his name) and told me they would have the tires replaced today and that he would provide me with complimentary nitrogen. I thanked him for this.

I picked up my car at 15:30 (Facture 20040100012804). I drove my car straight home with no issues. Once home, I was unloading the tires from my trunk and passenger back seat and noticed that there is a deep scratch and dent on the rear passenger door panel. A photo is attached - I wiped some of the dust with my hand to see how deep the damage is. It clearly is through the paint.

It appears like this dent was caused from opening the door too far when the car was still in the lift. There are no other dents on the passenger side which would indicate this is damage caused from a vehicular incident.

I am very disappointed that this was not shown to me prior to leaving. I would expect that a service centre such as Canadian Tire would own up to mistakes which cause damage to a customer's vehicle. I trust you feel the same.

Please call me when you receive this email tomorrow so we can discuss next steps to have this damage repaired.

Thank-you,


Adam Coolidge

No comments:

Post a Comment