Tuesday 16 April 2013

All alone again

Well, my guests have all left and (should be) onboard their flight back to Winnipeg.

We had a good weekend with Eric and Jamie.  Things started on Friday when Gwen arrived at 11pm or so. I finished laundry (waiting for the dryer to finish when I left) and then bed time.

Saturday, we slept in until about 10am.  We got up and started cleaning the apartment because I didn't have a chance last week with two "social events" Thursday and Friday evenings.  We finished by noon and then went to pick up Eric and Jamie from the airport.

Once picked up, we started our adventures with lunch at Schwartz's - smoked meat.  Then, dessert at Fairmount Bagel before returning to the apartment to drop off bags and the car.  Next, we went downtown on the metro to show off the sights and sounds of Old Montreal.

We went to the Habs Hall of Fame and spent about an hour and half there.  Then, we went to 3 Brasseurs for some beer and tea and soda.  Everyone laughed at my litre of beer.  I wasn't laughing, was rather full after I finished it though.

After 3 Brasseurs, we made our way back to the metro to go to dinner at Le Saint Bock - another pub.  The food was really good - I still don't know what I had but it was like a tortilla shell filled with pieces of chicken and cooked vegetables.  Another beer while we watched the Habs get owned by the Leafs.

Once complete, we made our way back to the metro for the third stop on our pub crawl - Hurley's Irish Pub.  The place was packed except for this one small, dark room with candles.  I figured this was fine so we jammed into the room and drank our last beer (well, Eric and I did) and then made our way back to Chez Adam.

Sunday was a relatively relaxing day.  We started with lunch downtown at La Cage Aux Sports followed by Maple Delights for dessert - I got a maple latte, Gwen with her maple tea and Eric and Jamie bought some cookies.  We then went to Marche Bonsecours where they were having their spring fashion sale.  Gwen was EXCITED!  The girls bought jackets for $50 (down from $150) - the guys stood there and looked pretty.

We then made our way to Olympic Stadium and wandered around there for a bit.  Afterwards, we went back to the apartment for a siesta and then off to dinner at a Mediterranean restaurant called Elounda, close to where I work.  The ladies ate two lobsters and Eric and I shared an American Red Snapper.  It was delicious.

After dinner, I gave my romance tour.  We took a drive through a residential area where the single family homes were HUGE.  Gwen looked up a few homes on her phone while we drove around - in the multiple millions of $$'s and at least 3,000 sq ft of living space.  These homes were gorgeous.

We left the residential area and I showed Eric and Jamie where I work and the different plants of Bombardier.  We then drove to the look out on Mont Royal to see the city lights at night (and the raccoons out in full force).

Monday I had to work while everyone else went and did some shopping downtown.  In the evening, we made supper at the apartment (salad, boiled potatoes and lemon-dill chicken, mmm) and watched the Habs vs Flyers while we played a game of Settlers of Catan (a board game).

Tuesday, again I had to work.  Everyone else went to Biodome to see the animals.  Supper we went to Le Biftheque for a disappointing dinner - my steak was over cooked, Eric's lamb chops were under cooked and Gwen's filet mignon was under cooked.  I'm usually quite impressed with this restuarant, I don't know what was different today.

I dropped everyone off at the airport at about 8pm and then made my way back to the apartment to enter bills and listen to the Jet's game before doing some over-due blogging.

4 weeks to go, definitely on the home stretch now.

No comments:

Post a Comment