Saturday 6 April 2013

Coyotes vs Avalanche

What an experience. Going to a hockey game when you are wearing shorts is a new experience for me. Also new was not paying for parking, getting free shwag (a hat) and a 24 oz beer.

The arena is pretty big. I think I got in at the wrong corner and as I write this in my awesome seat, I don't really know how to get out of here and to my car. Oh well, I'll just look for the large open air mall outside and I'll know from there.

I find it strange how Phoenix has Howerchuk, Steen and Hulls numbers in the rafters. These guys never played for Phoenix how can they have any sentiment for these guys? Lol, whatever, I guess they bought the history with the team. NOT!

I got quite a few strange looks today in my jersey. But then I saw a guy in a Boston jersey, at least I have a connection to the coyotes.

My seat is seat 1 row H. A is at the glass and works up from there. I'm gonna have to pay attention to pucks getting dumped in, I'm at that level where deflections will cause a nose bleed, or concussion.

It's not the same feel as jets games, not as much energy except for the rediculously loud music at warm up. I must be getting old...

Speaking of old, this lady in short shorts, pink tank top and high heals must be in her 40's and is trying to distract the players, lol. Cougar...

5:40 pm just spotted another jets fan. GO (1996) JETS GO.

5:47 pm howler the coyotes mascot just came out to "who let the dogs out". Wow (or should I say woof)

5:52 pm saw someone wearing mitts. It's not that cold in here. I'm in shorts and sandals.

18:14 (gametime GT) coyotes score! 1-0

6:19 pm stop in play - cleaning the ice wow can they not skate

9:03 gt just saw someone on the jumbo tron with a real coyote head hat. Sweet

4:01 gt stop in play. I think they have giveaway nights each game to the first 10,000 fans. Next game - free pizza

6:52pm just high fived a jets fan

On my way back to my seat I saw a guy with a sliced green apple drizzled with caramel sauce and two (what looked like) strawberry kabobs with chocolate. What do we have in Winnipeg - perogies. To each their own...

6:57 pm just saw Tkachuk and Numminen's numbers in the rafters along with roenicks.

16:54 gt coyotes score on the power play with a 2 on 0. Score 2-0 coyotes

15:33 gt there's gonna be a fight soon its getting chippy

13:46 gt stop in play. Good jets q and eh - who should play you in a movie? Best coyote answer was Denzel Washington an this player was white. Lol

12:56 gt coyotes goal from almost behind the goal line. That's an Adam goal ;)

5:23 gt - goal by the last remaining jet on the coyotes Shane Doan. 4-0
Coyotes!

2nd intermission - they are cleaning the ice and have a girl riding on the Zamboni maybe 12 yrs old. No helmet unlike back he. Also, she is just siding sideways legs hanging over the edge of the Zamboni. What a difference Medicare makes with respect to safety equipment...

7:50 pm I'm seeing a lot of coyotes blankets in use... Again, jets merch idea... But I guess we don't go to games in shorts or sundresses ...

Time unknown (forgot to look at a clock) made friends in the bathroom. Some guy was complimenting us on having the loudest rink in the NHL. He was wearing a jets jersey. He also commented that we are the best because we also have dancing Gabe.

1:00 gt last minute of play!

Coyotes win!

Now time to walk back to my car in the 75*F heat.

8:37pm just saw a truck from Saskatchewan













1 comment: