Wednesday 19 March 2014

Spring Training

It never fails, when I have to leave work on time or at a certain time, that is exactly when it hits the fan. Today was no different. 

I wanted to leave work at 3:00 so I could go to the hotel, change and go watch Eric (my cousin) play baseball. Eric is down here for a tournament with his college team - the Spalding Eagles. 

At 3:00 that is when an issue creeps in and it takes us about 45 mins to solve. Then, as I'm packing up I get another call that a guy needs help finding something from a drawing. 

4:15 I'm walking out the door... 15 mins late for the start if the game. I punch in the location into the GPS and start driving before it has selected the route. I kinda know where it is taking me so I'm getting a head start. 

Luckily the drive was only 10 mins with minimal traffic. I arrive, grab my camera bag and start walking to where I can hear people chearing. 

I arrive for the start of the 4th inning. I sit down and look to the mound.  And wouldn't you believe, Swany is pitching!



I quickly whipped out my camera, formatted my sd card, and started snapping. I got about 30 pics. 






I cannot believe how fast and hard Eric throws that ball. Absolutely amazing. 

The next inning had a new pitcher. And the next another. Turns out, that was Eric's only inning. Timing was pretty much perfect. 

The eagles won, exact score I don't really know as I missed half the game. 

Afterwards, I got to talk with Eric as we walked to the clubhouse. He's enjoying the weather here. They lost their first game today, they play a team tomorrow who is ranked 12th. Eric wishes he threw more strikes. 

Hopefully we can get together tomorrow before he leaves but they do have a team dinner tomorrow and early curfew, says Eric. It was great to see Eric play, I haven't seen him play at this level... I am still impressed. 

This made my week.


No comments:

Post a Comment