Sunday 10 March 2013

Ski Bromont

It was a good day of snowboarding at Bromont.

What was supposed to be three of us ended up being only two - the other guy had to fix his girlfriend's car today, last minute. I met Olivier at his place and we loaded up my car. We drove an hour to Bromont and got there before 9:30. We got out lift tickets (prepaid for three so we sold the third to someone there for a discounted cost) and then headed up the mountain.

It was super nice outside. I wore a t shirt, long sleeve shirt, zip up sweater and Jets jersey and I was still too warm... When we left, the thermometer in the car said 12*C, I believe it.

There are over 100 runs at Bromont. In the morning we did about 6-8 runs. There was very few people and waiting at the chair lifts consisted of waiting 2 mins while three groups ahead of you got on the chair.

The first run of the day was a blue run. I was a little nervous but did fine. The runs here are not as difficult as at Tremblant or in the Rockies. We then did several green and blue runs thoughout the day - one of which called Winnipeg, it was run number 99 ;). I'll post pictures tomorrow, I need to get them from Olivier.

After lunch, we continued on with many more runs. If I had to guess I would say we did 12-15 runs today - I am tired now... The conditions certainly had changed in the afternoon. The snow was sticky, so much so that the blue runs were the best option because they had the most slope so that we didn't have to walk so much.

We decided to leave at 2:45 or so and drove back to Olivier's place. We had dinner with his girlfriend, home made fajitas. They were delicious! Along with a great salad with mango and avacado. I stayed there until about 6:50 and decided I should make my way home before I start to fall asleep. Now, I'm watching the Jets game and texting Gwen who has wifi at the Wild game.

I'm wishing I ahead another day off but I don't. That's ok, let's get started on this week so that I can hopefully come home Thursday night and make it an easy Friday in Winnipeg.







No comments:

Post a Comment