Monday 4 March 2013

He shoots he scores again!

Well, I did it again, I scored! On the other team even!

This one wasn't as nice as the first one but it was pretty close. I carried the puck up the ice and passed it over to the guy on the right. He streamed down the boards and took the two defence men with him which left me open in front of the net. I yelled for the pass and he shot it over. I stood there with the puck and... Shot it right in the goalies chest. Of course, right mom?

But, the shot must have been so hard that there was a big juicy rebound so I shot again, this time at the left corner and scored!

I can't remember the last time I had two goals in one season... 2000-2001? I remember when I used to score multiple goals in one game, never mind one season. I'll never forget the one game in Lundar, squirts I think, where Brent Kotelko and I were told that we had to pass the puck more because we were winning 16-1 or something like that and Brent and I had at least 14 of the goals. So, we listened - and passed the puck to one another skating down the ice. I think I scored 12 goals that game. Grandpa gave me $20.

As I was driving home today after the game, I was trying to figure out why I hadn't received payment for my first goal this season, now with two I'll be even farther behind... Then it hit me - grandpa has to be at the game to see the goal. Well, next game I will try to tape it. But, knowing how I play, if I'm taping it I won't score a goal - not on the other team anyways...

Goodnight.

1 comment:

  1. I think you got in the beer after the game. Some of those historical stats seem questionable...
    Dad

    ReplyDelete