Wednesday 9 January 2013

Mmm, buttercups

I figured I might as well do something productive while I sit here and eat my "buttercups" (aka butter tarts).

The week has being going ok.  Other than still not wanting to get out of bed in the morning and wanting to sleep more, the days have been going fairly well.  I'm thinking it is because work is still "slow" for on-site activities.  However, I still can't seem to get some key things done that have been on my to-do list since the first day back last week...

I was reminiscing today while running on the treadmill.  As I passed the 3km mark, I looked at the time - 17 mins.  Back in my "prime" I was running the 3k in track in under 12 mins.  Boy, I was in good shape back then.  I remember running my Personal Best in Brandon and the regional meeting in Grade 12 - just under 11 mins.  I think that Grandma and Grandpa were even there for that race.  I still have my t-shirt from the meet, albeit I probably fit the shirt a little more than back in 2003...

Well, time for another of my favourite cookies - shortbread with M&M's ;)

2 comments:

  1. It's after 10 but mom says she would still have laughed if it wasn't....
    dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes we were there doesn't seem that long ago gramma



    ReplyDelete