Saturday 26 January 2013

Maui Day 3

Today was a beach day.  It started off with trying to sleep in but couldn't get past 8:30am.  I actually thought I would have to get up at 6:30am when I couldn't fall back to sleep after 20 mins of trying.

Mel, Gwen and I went for a jog this morning.  It is sure different jogging outside with warm, humid air and "topography" as Gwen calls it (Mel and I just prefer "elevation" or "hills").  I looked at the map and planned our route only to realize that the map didn't show that where I wanted to go was through gated condo complexes (complices?).  So, I modified our route on the fly and we ended up doing roughly 2 miles, the exact distance I was hoping to try to achieve.

Afterwards,  we went to the pool while Devin nursed his sore throat from all the sea-water he was drinking yesterday.  His throat was so bad that he could barely talk this morning - Mel was kind of excited but that soon changed and now at 5:36pm he is back to normal with respect to talking ;)

We had lunch at the condo today.  Nothing big, just eggs, hashbrowns, steak and pineapple.  It was delish.  Then, we all packed up for our afternoon on the beach.

The sun was hot and the water was warm.  We spent probably the better part of 2.5 hrs at the beach and then made our way back to the condo after the loads of whale watchers (many of them intoxicated) were loading onto the boats from shore and were surrounding us on the beach.  I got so frustrated that I had to leave - yes, I know, just like my dad...

Now, we are just finishing up showering and getting ready to go to Lulu's in Lahina, about 10 mins away.  Here I am all dressed up ready to go, sitting on the "lanai" (balcony) waiting for the girls to finish getting ready.



Tomorrow I think we are doing the drive to Hana - should be a full day event as the drive is about 3 hrs from our condo and will traverse about 50% of the island of Maui.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you snugged the tie up before dinner...

    ReplyDelete