Sunday 11 November 2012

Slow day Sunday

Today was a slow day.  I didn't really have much that I "had" to do, did lots yesterday - laundry done by 10:30am and then 6 hrs of work.

Today was another day where I would just wander around aimlessly to kill time.  My mission - Carrefour Laval, Costco and Loblaws.

I wasn't really searching for anything in particular, thought I would check out the mall to see if it was as big as the website made it sound.  And the website is true - it took me almost 2 hrs to walk around the mall at an average pace, stopping in only a handful of stores.  The mall was remarkably busy for a nice Sunday afternoon, but I guess that is what people do on the weekends - shop.

Costco was a zoo.  I figured as much when I was trying to turn into the parking lot and had to wait a few mins for cars to clear.  Parking was full, I ended up parking behind the building where there were a few open spots but people were parking everywhere.  I think this is the first time I ever went to Costco and left empty handed other than when I got tires or a tire repair.  It's weird wandering around and not buying anything.  Good thing I didn't take a cart with me into the store - I probably would have made an excuse to buy something or used the cart to make my way through the crowds, although I preferred the stealthiness of not dealing with a large cart.  My most memorable moment was seeing the 60 can box (that resembled more of a crate) of Coors Light that you can get for $58.  Great deal if you wanted to lug around 60 cans of beer with you in the store... me, I preferred my 6 bottles of Rickards Oak House beer that I got from Loblaws.

Loblaws was remarkably dead.  Maybe it was all the hustle and bustle from the mall and Costco that deadened by senses but it really was quite empty.  Other than having to wait in line for one of the three open tills, it was pretty awesome shopping.  I got the essentials - bread, sandwich meat, yogurt, frozen pizza, beer, lettuce, eggs, bacon, swiffer...

The drive home was more of an experience.  My route was supposed to be, link, but I decided to quickly abandon this when I saw what the Met (Aut 40 O) looked like - bumper to bumper traffic probably all three lanes.  So I took the scenic route, link.  I'm sure it took me longer but I wasn't frustrated by slow traffic.  Plus, I got to see more of the city this way.

Now, just relaxing.  I should start to make supper soon, but don't really feel motivated to do so.  Maybe in a few more mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment