Monday 19 November 2012

He shoots...

He scores!

That's right folks, scored the opening goal tonight.

I picked off a stretch pass from the defenseman to the forward at the red line. I took the puck wide and was looking for passing options - there wasn't any good ones so I continued down the boards and started to cut behind the net. Again, looking but no passing options. So I figured why not try my patented (well more like Gretzky's patented) wrap around. As I got to the opposite corner of the net I knew I would be trying my luck with jamming it in so I figure I would take it a little higher and try a shot.

Top shelf - didn't hit the goalie! As we skated back to centre ice, after a few congrats from the guys, I was thinking "hmm, wonder if my grandpa will still give me a dollar for my goal?" Maybe if I'm lucky, inflation and the cost of goals will have gone up to $2 or maybe even $5... Hahaha.

I followed up my goal with a tripping penalty... Pretty bad call, I didn't even touch the guy, I guess I intimidated him and he fell over. Really, sometimes the calls are close and can go either way, but this was simply a bad call. Oh well...

Mighty chucks lose a nail biter 5-4.

No comments:

Post a Comment