Sunday 21 October 2012

WWG

[Weekend With Gwen]

Good weekend!  Gwen arrived safe and sound at 6:45pm on Wednesday afternoon and was able to stay through the weekend.

Her time here was well spent (I think, I guess she would be the better judge of that than I).  She spent her days shopping at a bi-annual fashion clearing event for Quebec fashion designers/retailers at Marche Bonsecours and just wandering around downtown and checking out the sights and sounds.  I think she enjoyed the Metro, every time she talked about it she would smile from ear-to-ear. 

Eventful things that we did together on Saturday was go to Biodome and then to Old Montreal and Parc Jean Drapeau.  Sunday we took a little driving tour over Mont Royal and then went to the Fairview Shopping Centre and Costco.  Dinner was at Baton Rouge - a Tony Roma's-esque restaurant mixed with a Keg ambiance.  Dinner was great, so great that now I'm over full, still...  must be because my stomach has shrunk a bit.  Late dinners sure have an impact on how much you can/want to eat for supper, even Gwen noticed.

Shopping was successful, Gwen bought one suit jacket at H&M and I bought two suits at Mexx... really wasn't my plan but for 40% off, I couldn't pass up the opportunity.  Well, now I have some options for the career fair on Tuesday and the expo/conference next week.

It was nice to have someone here to spend the weekend with, makes the time pass much faster and things are way more enjoyable having someone to share the experience with rather than just yourself.

Gwen must have missed me, 5 mins into each movie while rubbing her feet she was sound asleep.  Friday I wasn't far behind, must have been 40 mins in and then was out like a light.  Lol.

Well, here are some photos from the weekend.  Time to get ready for bed and the week ahead.

Gwen with Ears

I was going to say "Fruit Loops celebrities" but these aren't toucans,
they are parrots...

Sea Otter posing for a photo

Mr Lynx

Not sure exactly what this was but it was neat

Puffin!

Penguins

March of the Penguins
(yes I laughed)


8.5 / 10 (there was a splash)

Emperor Penguin

Biosphere (on St. Helen's Island)

Downtown Montreal from St. Helen's Island
(from this location)

No comments:

Post a Comment