Monday 2 May 2016

MHL Ottawa

Today was a work day. Got up at 7:30 ( pushed snooze a lot) since it was like 6:30 central time and I was up late watching curling go into 2 extra ends. 

Got to the office just fine to find myself sitting at a guys cubical... Being stared at by a figurine.... 


The desk is pretty dusty and the mouse feels used, missing my cubical where I can see lots of people hear the conversations and not feel in isolation. The cubicles are high walled and people don't talk. I eventually had to put headphones in so I didn't loose my mind. Met people and thanks to my coworker in Winnipeg he helped me find the lunch room, encouraged me to find tea, and drew me a pretty map to find key people he knew from his many visits to Ottawa. I would have just drank water and ate lunch at my desk otherwise.



I am not sure I fit in as a female in this office I have never seen so many cosmetic bags in one washroom. And in a basket. I guess it makes sense but a little much as you are washing your hands for a guest.



The project manager I came to meet had to run to a meeting so didn't get to talk to me before 2 pm in the afternoon. After our start up meeting I felt a little overwhelmed. And the whole drive back to the hotel. Had to take a breather and glad AA called me to talk it through with me. Found a restaurant and now waiting for my food. I was so overwhelmed I didn't even feel like shopping but as I wait for food I am feeling a little more like shopping; hopefully the food comes soon I am hungry. It's just me and Gallaher at Darcy McGees!


Off to the mall to find shoes, a dress and a new swim suit. My bathing suit I brought, yes only brought one is stretched really bad. That serves me, the one time I packed light my suit is wrecked. 

Well food is here. Tonight's goals, get to the mall, get my step count up and watch Pittsburgh beat Washington. Tomorrow I have a meeting 2 blocks from my hotel so that will be nice!

(Guess I wrote this blog post in the first person... Not like me)
also got a pair of jeans for $3.98 that includes tax. They need to be hemmed but I think I can handle that.

On the walk back to the hotel from shopping I took a few shots. 


Lola.

No comments:

Post a Comment