Tuesday 16 June 2015

Misc blog content

I was looking through pics on my phone and noticed some that were supposed to make their way into the blog this trip but didn't. Until now... 


This brings back memories of San Francisco where Lola and I got coffe/tea (3 times) from Biscoff, down at Fishermans Wharf. And yes, that is tomato juice, with ice. I don't like tomato juice with ice. 


This was te weather radar for game time yesterday. Big debate whether I should go to the game or not. Good decision to go because it mildly sprinkled while I walked from the parking garage to the ballpark. After that, no rain.  And wet seats of which here is one that was an accidental photo:



Hard to see but this was the score board inside the concourse showing all the games that day and the scores.  I didn't mention Grandma Phyll in my facebook post because I knew she would be watching the Blue Jays game. 


This is a trash can in a business jet. And that is me in the reflection from the many coats of finish on the wood veneer on the gally drawers. Yes, I'm wearing a hairnet. I don't want to get hair gel on the cabin headliner throughout the aircraft. 


My office this afternoon. Well, only a short portion of the afternoon. If I knew my flight would be delayed until 6, I could have hung out here at "The Hangar" on the airfield at the St. Louis downtow airport which (a) isn't in St. Louis (is in Cahokia IL) and (b) definitely isn't downtown. I could have enjoyed the scenery of the business jets taking off for their flight tests. And probably enjoyed a beer at a cheaper price than at the airport. Come to think of it, I didn't have a beer today - guess that's what happens when you don't know when your flight will be departing and when you do arrive in Chicago, you have to hurry to find food and your gate, and your gate, and your gate. Yes, gate changed 2 times while I was there. 


And to end on a sunny/cheery/happy note, here is the view out my window in Chicago. No rain and plenty of sunshine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment