Monday 12 September 2016

Got bit

Well, after some relatively flawless travel last week, I got bit on this trip. 

What should have been a quick in and out to Toronto to witness some flammability testing is now turning into a two day event with two flight changes and an unplanned hotel stay. 

Luckily I have a travel toothbrush in my computer bag. And I decided to bring gym clothes to kill time in the Toronto airport when I was going to have a few hours to kill (therefore I have another pair of socks, some shorts, underwear and a shirt I didn't know was in there). 

My gym shorts, socks, shoes and unknown shirt are now coming in handy, letting my other clothes air out. 

The hotel front desk has mini toothpaste (and probably a toothbrush if I needed). Deodorant is in my gym bag. About the only thing missing is some gel to keep this Coolidge fro under control. Oh well, I don't really care. And luckily I shaved this meaning so I'm good for one day. 

I have a phone charger in my computer bag just in case I need it at work. Well, now I need it in a hotel so this is handy. 

It's been a while since I've been stranded somewhere. Too bad it wasn't Tucson or Wichita where I had a car. And a full bag of clothes. 

Oh well, as the French say "C'est la vie" - that's life. For some I guess. Others, like Lola, probably wouldn't be so calm and chill. She claims she would be ok killing time in the Toronto airport, shopping and going to the gym. I'd like to see that ;).  

On the plus side, I got to see some testing today that I probably wouldn't have otherwise. I just can't be the official witness for a test I have never seen done and am by no means an expert. However, if I do receive delegation for this type of testing, I would be one of only a handful that would have it - the guy who is going to witness with me (tomorrow I hope), another in our company plus probably 2-3 within Bombardier. 

Now, it's time to grab dinner in the hotel. In my gym clothes. Luckily I don't feel the most under dressed here. The guy in a white shirt and baseball hat, the guy in the football jersey and the guy in sweat labeys and a fleece vest and long sleeved shirt are right here with me. 

Ps. Lola said I didn't have pictures. My apologies...

AA before he was dripping with sweat

They can't refuse to serve me if I'm wearing a shirt and shoes, right?

Some random group of guys in the restaurant

Mmm

No comments:

Post a Comment