Thursday 8 May 2014

St Louis

Well we made it. After a 45 min delay in Chicago because the flight crew was late, we arrived in St Louis. 

Here are some pics from the trip:


Plane selfie


Downtown Chicago


Green grass and a football stadium 

And then we waited for the rental car shuttle. And then to get the car. By midnight we had the car and were on our way. (We is Rui and I). 

I punched in the hotel address into the GPS and started driving. There was no traffic so it was smooth sailing until 1.5 miles from the hotel when I took the wrong lane and ended up crossing the River. To my defense, the GPS said to take I70 east so I stayed in the I70 east lane. However the map must be out of date...

We ended up in Illinois (right across the river) and driving through East St Louis. This is not somewhere you want to be at 1230 at night...

We made it to the hotel unscathed. 

I'm blogging while sitting in this:


Well time for bed. It's going to be hard to get up in 5 hrs...

No comments:

Post a Comment