Monday 5 May 2014

Cinco de Mayo

I just got back from my first Cinco de Mayo celebration. As it was explained to me "cinco de mayo is just an excuse for people to get together and party/drink, sort of like St Patricks day."  I found that humourous because as I drove to Jason and Katie's place, the radio was all about the $2 beers and $3 tequila. 

Speaking of beer and tequila. I asked what I could bring to the party today and we decided I should bring some beer. So Katie told me to go to Frys food and drug because they had a sale on beer and tequila for Cinco de Mayo. She wasn't kidding - 12 Dos Equis amber beer and a 26 of tequila for less than $15. Total. So, I'll be packing the tequila in my bag to bring back and add to my collection. 

Tomorrow should be a busy day as the medical staff are arriving and will have a million questions and suggestions on how to do things differently. I will need to remember the popular moto "keep calm and carry on". As much as I have enjoyed the trip down here, it has been a pretty colosal waste of time. I've spent more time coordinating and working on projects that could have better been ran while in the office but the customer wanted me here in case there were questions. Of the 4 days on site, I've had the following:

Day 1. Stating that no, our design wasn't flawed which would cause the frequency covertly to arc internally and melt a hole in the metallic casing. If it was a design problem, the circuit breaker would have popped or the wires would have burned up. 

Day 2. Saying that In order to run all of the interior systems on the ground with only the APU running, you need to disable the following systems (most notably hydraulics which take up more than 40% of your power). Sure, you won't have breaks but you can use wheel chalks instead. 

Day 3. Answering "Sure, we can add more detail to your maintenance manuals. How much detail would you like? The level of detail will directly relate to your cost."

Day 4. Stating that Yes, the fact that the tracking cabinet won't lock in place is a safety of flight issue.  (After looking at it), no it doesn't appear that the problem is ours, the cabinet that you purchased seems sort of defective for the spring that forces the lock pin into position when you release the cable. Perhaps the cable routing is a part of the problem. 

Overall, nothing earth shattering nor anything that couldn't have been answered over the phone ( except for today I guess). 

Anyways, I'm looking forward to coming home Wednesday, even if only for a short time before going to St. Louis on Thursday afternoon. Then, back home Friday evening so we can go to Morden to celebrate Devins birthday and probably some El Dia de la Madre celebrations. 

This coffee is not wearing off.... Need to try to fall asleep. It's going to be hard to switch back 2 hrs on Wednesday. Luckily I will probably be the most awake player on Wednesdays hockey game ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment