Sunday 4 May 2014

My Tucson family

Today was pretty relaxing. Got up, ate breakfast then sat outside by the pool for an hour or so.  After a quick swim, I came back inside and watched Armaggedon that was on tv and texted Lola. Then, a short walk to subway to grab a sub and then watch the hockey game that was on NBC. 


After the hockey game, I went to the gym to lift some weights and loosen up my back. Sitting in front of a computer all day tends to create tension in your upper back. Then, back outside and another swim. 

After 30 mins outside, I was done and needed to go inside to cooler temperatures, and a nap. Then, shower and off to do some quick shopping. Here's a pic of the temperature to prove it was warm:



After some items were purchased, I went to visit my Tucson family. Jason and Katie invited me to Katie's parents place for dinner so I showed up with a bottle of wine and had a great time.  

Katie's parents live out of town on a ranch (basically) with three horses and a dog. They have a nice ranch style house (3500 sq ft I think they said) and a pond with cacti nearby:


That's my buddy Riley swimming back after getting the ball that I threw into the pond.


A view looking to the south, palm trees and a bit of the mountain. 


A picture from the otherside of the house, looking out at the mountains.

Katie's parents are originally from Canada. Her mom, Sandra, is from Winnipeg so she loves to talk to me about things "back home". Today the topics were surrounding costs for food. In Tucson, you can get a gallon of milk for $1.89 apparently... I said that's what I pay for half a gallon... 

We also got talking about houses. There was one advertised - 5 bedrooms, 5.5 bathrooms, 5400 sq ft with thre garages for a total of 16 cars on 25 acres. Price? $1.65 million. Oh, did I mention it was at the foot of Mt Lemmon?  Crazy!

Tomorrow is Cinqo de Mayo - May 5th (which never crossed my mind until Katie told me yesterday...). Cinqo de Mayo is basically like Mexican Independence Day. So, Katie and Jason invited me over for dinner (tacos and margaritas) with her parents and some of their friends. 

It's nice to have "family" away from home - makes it easier to pass time.







No comments:

Post a Comment