Thursday 26 September 2013

Arizona Adam

[Post title credit - Blair Coolidge]

It's been a busy few days down in Tucson so far.  Work is busy and the evenings are equally busy.

On Tuesday I went to the Tucson Engineering Manager's girlfriends parents place for dinner.  It was just Jason and I and his "inlaws" because his girlfriend was working.  Jason invited me over because his inlaws are both Canadians - Dave is originally from Toronto and Sandra is from Winnipeg.

We had some good conversations, Sandra asking lots of questions about Winnipeg.  Their place is a typical ranch-style home - very large and open.  Plus, there is always something neat about seeing a big Saguaro Cactus in the back yard, by the pond.

As big as the place was, it still took me 30 mins to find the place - mostly because I punched it into the GPS wrong.  Although, it would have helped if Jason gave me their address instead of a general print out from Google Maps.  It would also have helped if Jason knew the address... lol.

Wednesday I took one of our contractors who is also down here out for dinner to Guadalajara Grill.  William requested Mexican food so I took him to the place with the best table-made salsa and cheap menu.  For $13, I got a burrito which was too big to finish with a side of beans and rice.  And for $5 I also got a 22 oz Dos Equis Amber. 

William elected for the Molcajete Ultimo:


This thing came out at probably 200*F and the sauce continued to boil away for 5 mins after being on the table.  William ate about half of it and took the rest to go.  The bowl was still hot when we left the restaurant.

Today was more relaxed - I went to Safeway and grabbed a rotisserie chicken, some Uncle Bens rice in a bag and salad.  I'm getting a little tired of Mexican food - three lunches and one dinner since I've been here, time for something different (and lighter).

While at Safeway I saw the yellow sign below, made me think of Grandma and Grandpa:


 
 
After Safeway I stopped at Lowes to see what they had for faucets and cabinet/drawer handles.  I wasn't impressed with the handle selection and not too sure about the faucets either.  It would have helped if I looked at the right faucets (Delta) instead of Moen...  Oh well, something to do this weekend I guess.


After my shopping adventures, I returned to the hotel to eat some supper and to talk to Gwen.  But before all of that I was able to get this picture of the desert sunset:




No comments:

Post a Comment