Wednesday 29 May 2013

Home sweet home

Well, we made it!  After:

- 8 months and 11 days or 
- 36 weeks or
- 252 days or
- 6,048 hrs

My car is home. Along with me and Gwen.

The road trip was great. We saw three completely different cities each boasting their own unique flavour.  Boston for its history, New York for its busyness and Chicago for its architecture.  Along the way we had many experiences with traffic, crowds and accents. 

The food was good too. Gwen and I were taking at lunch, we had many delicious meals with only a few that didn't quite meet expectations. 

My favourite events in each city were:
- Boston - the freedom trail walk
- New York - the World Trade Center memorial
- Chicago - the architecture boat cruise

But my all time favourite was spending each moment of each day with Gwen. I missed her during these past 8 months and am very happy to have her back and to be able to see her each and every day. 

The rest of the week will be spent unpacking and getting things back to normal. I also need to make my way to vw to see about getting my rear drivers door fixed so that it will open. I suspect that the guys who replaced the glass didn't do something up correctly as the door (which opened in Boston and New York) wouldn't open again in New York when we left. You pull the handle but it does not unlatch anything. 

Looking forward to seeing you all again very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment