Saturday 15 December 2012

Saturday evening

I was told I better blog tonight...

Today was somewhat routine, had an inspection at 10am and it actually started on time, that's a rarity. After the inspection I went to the gym and then lunch at East Side Mario's. I then proceeded to finish my Christmas shopping.

Funny story from yesterday's Christmas party. Olivier, Hicham and I are sitting around and Olivier says "man, it's too bad the contractors didn't leave their radio". I said "do we have a cup or something, I have my iPhone".

(Note: if you want to improve the sound of your iPhone speaker simply place it in a bowl or cup to create and instant amplifier)

So Olivier grabs a paper cup and I put my iPhone in it with one of my music apps (Songza) playing. Not bad we thought. The. Olivier spots a garbage cart - "lets try this he says". So I put my phone in and doesn't really sound that great. But, we are both engineers and won't give up until we get this optimized. So I figured why not try the two together - cup and garbage cart. BINGO! Worked like a charm and sounded pretty impressive for what we were using.

That's thinking outside of the box ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment