Wednesday 25 February 2015

Fishy, fishy

Well today was another day just soaking up the sun:)

We got up, me at 7, earlier than I would typically like on vacation but just couldn't sleep anymore.  We ate breakfast on the lanai and then headed to the beach to do some snorkelling.  A short walk through the grounds of the Westin and straight to the reef right off the beach.  We were a little skeptical about the "great" snorkelling everyone has been talking about, but we thought we would try it out.  After a light drizzle as we were trying to soak up a little sun before going in the ocean, we put on our gear and into the water.  I guess the water temperature must be pretty good, as I don't seem to have the issue of getting in the water as I do back home. 

 Ready to go in...

And a couple of quick kicks with the fins and you see colourful fish and reef.  Fish of all kinds, shape and size.  Oh and of course colour.  I think my favorite would be the angel fish, hopefully AA got some go pro photos, which I haven't had a chance to upload, so mine will have to do for now.



I kept running into this grey fish with bad tan lines close to the surface, but wasn't too scared of him.


We stopped for lunch in our room.  The Hawaiian favorite, spam and fried rice:) and a little Ukrainian pickle on the side.


After lunch, out to the beach we went again to spend all afternoon in the sun.  Here  are a few shots from after lunch...



I told arizona Adam and I was done, so I swam back to shore, while he stayed out a little longer, to my surprise I ran into a large turtle.  We all know me and turtles.... Here is my shot of the turtle...


That's right, my side as I swim scared because it was right in the under tow of the wave where the sand blurred my vision and I didn't know where the turtle went to...


We had a great day in the sun and soon will head out for supper to dukes, just north of our hotel.

Then not sure what our evening will bring.

Lola

No comments:

Post a Comment