Friday 30 August 2019

Disneyland 2019 - Day 1

So...... MBMell and Lola met in California for a little adventure over the Labour Day weekend. It has been a tradition that Lola usually went to Texas, so we mixed things up a little.  It is our birthdays coming up, so we are treating ourselves a little early. #parasitevacay2019

AA was nice enough to get me a cab for 9am this morning to head to the airport. I had way too much time, as there was no one through security and barely anyone at customs.




Flight to Minneapolis was pretty standard, except my bag didn't fit in the overhead, so had to gate check it.  I was worried as I only had 31 minutes to get from one gate to the other in Minneapolis.  It worked out just fine, but I did run gate C to Gate G.  When I got to the gate, it was boarding, so I circled, went to the washroom and tried to get some food.  Well 2 boiled eggs, bag of chips and a berry fruit cup were purchased, and headed on the plane.





On the plane I had the sweetest lady who hadn't flown much.  I helped her get her phone on Airplane mode, as well as answered many questions.  Her daughter was actually in labour, so the airplane couldn't go fast enough.  Once landed I helped her find a cab. I didn't actually even get her name, but she gave me a hug as she was so grateful of all the help I gave her during the 4 hour flight.

Once landed, MBMell was to meet me at Terminal 2.  We texted back and forth and eventually Lola found them in the bathroom :)  B and T were excited to see me in the bathroom when I found them.






We then headed to catch the Disneyland Express.  It was sure nice not to have to haul carseats!

Waiting for the bus took about 40 minutes.  The drive was pretty long, as there were many accidents along the way, but we finally made it to our hotel, where it dropped us off right at the door :).

Dropped our bags in our room and headed to supper as it was almost 9 Central time by the time we got here. B loved the air from the air conditioner.



Walked to Denny's just down the street.  We drew pictures, ate food and enjoyed each others company.


After supper we headed to the drug store to pick up some snacks/drinks and to give the kids a chance to walk around (as they had been on an airplane and bus for majority of the day). 


On our walk we even saw a little mouse doing circles on the sidewalk.  It was pretty darn cute, and B was sure excited to see a Mouse.  She said she was surprised at how big it was, and laughed at the girls that were screaming as they walked passed it.  (it wasn't us).

Once back at the hotel, kids got ready for bed, and snuggled in.  B feel asleep much faster than T, but they went to bed quite well.  MBMell and Lola, reviewed plans for tomorrow, and just chatted about life!  We should likely go to bed.  We are pretty excited that we are a 5 minute walk from the park, but still an early day tomorrow.



Till tomorrow,

Lola


No comments:

Post a Comment