Thursday 30 August 2018

Lola travels to Texas - Day 1

AA was very nice to get up at 4:45 this morning and drive Lola to the airport.  This is another solo trip over labour Day weekend to visit my Friends. (kind of a tradition if you have done it 2 years in a row). 

This was supposed to be a picture of AA taking me to the airport, but I am not sure what it is.


Checked my bag, made it through customs (where the agent asked me if I had any gifts... well a jar of peanut butter). He laughed and on my way I went.  Took the standard photo with the moose, walked around the small 3 gates many times, went to the washroom, then boarded the plane.  The flight was uneventful.



In Minneapolis I got off the plane, to notice that I was getting right back on the same plane at the same gate 1 hour later.  I walked around the airport, checked out the many cool stores, bought a snack and then headed back to the gate.  Boarded the plane to see that there were 18 empty seats, and one of them was between me and the other girl in our row!  Jackpot, more room for me.  The flight had lots of turbulence over Kansas City, not my favourite thing, so I put on a movie, closed my eyes and tried to sleep, to relax the nerves.  I guess it worked because I feel asleep and woke up with 19 minutes left on the flight, and missed drink service.






As we were all waiting to get off the flight, I heard the flight attendant give the guy behind me a hard time.  I guess he was freaking right out, and she gave him a set of wings for his bravery.  The guy was almost crying he was so scared.  It was a rough ride, but I have been on worse. 

Once off the plane, I collected my bag and headed to spot G outside to wait for my ride to pick me up.  I don't know who was the most excited to see me.... but maybe the one that wouldn't stop talking....


I was sure excited to see them.  It feels like it has been forever, June is forever.  The twinkies were happy to learn that I had not forgotten the brown puppies.  AA and Lola have 2 stuffed dogs that they love to play with at our place.  I told them a few months ago, that if they were good, the brown puppies would come for a ride.  Good thing I remembered this morning to slip them in my suitcase.  They were sure excited that they have come for a visit.  The brown puppies have been doing everything since they got out of my bag.  Helping clean up, watching tv, reading books, and having a sleepover.


We headed to one of my favourite restaurants, Shake Shack, and enjoyed some ping pong while waiting for our food.  We all enjoyed our meals. My double burger on an actually Gwen Friendly bun was amazing.  The kids really enjoyed the chocolate milkshakes.







Once lunch was completed, we headed to for hair cuts.  The twinkies were very well behaved, and got great hair cuts! 






Headed to the house, to play, read books, do puzzles, play with magnets, try and nap, chat, eat supper and of course "baby Shark" and paw patrol.  We had a very full afternoon/evening of play.  Thankfully the twinkies actually went to bed with no troubles... maybe the brown puppies had something do with it... or just missing nap, who knows.









This evening DD and his 2 coworkers came home, we chatted a little with them, but MBMell and I mainly did the dishes and caught up on everything, also making plans for tomorrow.

I should really get to sleep, as it is going to be an early morning tomorrow, and we are going on a Texas adventure tomorrow.

Good Night, Lola.




No comments:

Post a Comment