Monday 25 June 2018

Week 1 in Wichita

Ola from Wichita!  It's been a busy week down here with lots of testing going on.  Today (Monday) was a day off for us so that the airplane could be modified for some tests.  Plus, some of us had reached the maximum number of days in a row that could be worked according to the customer's company policy for flight operations.  That was good with me - I needed a break.

For the most part, the time down here has been:

  • Wake up and get breakfast in the hotel
  • Head to the customer's facility for pre-flight briefing
  • Wait for the airplane to be ready
  • Get on-board and start testing (using mid/late afternoon)
  • Test until someone reaches their 12 hrs max duty day
  • Post test briefing
  • Post test briefing #2 with others in Canada
  • Go to the hotel
  • Go to bed
  • Repeat
Here are some pictures that I can share from some of the flights:


On final approach

Cruising at 41,000 ft






There have been many long days.  So long that Lola was no longer awake to talk. 

Towards the end of last week, some individuals from Transport Canada were down here to witness some tests.  One the weekend, we were fortunate enough to be able to go for dinner together with a few others from Canada who are down here.  After dinner, I would drive TC and one of the Engineers from Canada back to their hotel at the airport and I would make the 2 mins drive to my hotel.  

Today I did some cleanup on my test notes that I needed to provide to TC.  Then, I went and grabbed lunch and spent some time outside in the 26*C weather.  I went to a Botanical Garden in Wichita and wandered around.  It was a great day.








Yes, there was a model railroad at the Garden


Enjoying the weather




After spending a few hours at the garden, I went back to the hotel and hit up the gym.  Second time at the gym in a week - I need to try and stay in shape for hockey and baseball.

Tomorrow is the start of another push for testing.  We are trying to get ready for more testing with TC later this week (and into the weekend).  I have my doubts if we will be ready but we shall see how the next few days of testing go.

PS - there is a Coolidge street here in Wichita too!


No comments:

Post a Comment