Tuesday 27 June 2017

China Day 2

I guess this is somewhat a continuation from a previous post...

After a nap Tuesday afternoon, I woke up to a the results of a fierce rain storm, the results can be seen in the picture below:



I watched the traffic for about 5 mins, watching scooters drive slowly through the growing puddle and others deciding it was too deep and turning around, causing havoc for oncoming scooter traffic.

After this entertainment, I met Linda downstairs in the lobby. We got in a taxi and went out for dinner in a restaurant that seems to be typical here in China, located among residential and commercial buildings.











Dinner was good - I wasn't a fan of the "drunken crab" which was boiled with wine.  The pork knuckle, bubble fish (in a hot pot which is just boiling water with spices) and spicy chicken were all really good.



After dinner, Linda ordered another cab and we made our way to downtown Nantong for a stroll along the waterway.  We walked for just over an hour taking in the many sights:









Afterwards, it was a short 10 min cab ride to our hotel where I made my way to call into a meeting for work and Linda walked next door to the supermarket to get some watermelon.

It is now 7:25am and I should get ready for the day.  We will see if I get to have another nap today, being up since 4:30 might take its toll on me...

No comments:

Post a Comment