Sunday 30 August 2015

Sunday's Sunny Sunday

Once again, it's AA, this time on the road in sunny Montreal. 

I figured instead of taking the milk run and risking a flight through Toronto, might as well take the direct flight in the morning which puts me into Montreal by 2:30 local time. 

Good choice. It's sunny and 27*C here today with a few clouds. 

I started off with strolling down St Catherine's street which, as Lola can attest to, is full of shopping. This was intentional - I am looking for some other gift ideas for Lola's big 3-0 in just under a month. I have several ideas but had a few that I wanted to check out here in QC. Unfortunately nothing panned out. 

Next, to the Vieux Port ("Old Port" en Anglais ("in English")) to see what's going on. There's always something going on here whether it be street performers, food trucks or small boutiques and shops of local artists. 

Here are a few of the sights:

A rope climbing and zip lining attraction

RC sailboats!

The Jacques Cartier bridge and La Ronde amusement park

A "beach" and the Molson factory in the background 

Marche Bonsecours

After all the walking, I was starting to get hungry. Well, really I was getting thirsty for a beer. So, I made my way to Les 3 Brasseurs and enjoyed a black IPA and a Flammekueuche (flatbread pizza - delicious)


Now, it's almost time to make my way back to the hotel. Although, I still have half a beer to drink...

Keep posted for more blogs this week. Chances are likely I'm here until at least Wednesday. 



No comments:

Post a Comment