Sunday 30 September 2012

Day #8

So I don't really know much about blogging, nor have I ever really read a blog.  But, since I'm going to be away for 8 months, I thought this might be kind of neat to try.  We will see how this goes, how often I update this.  I don't really have much else to do while I'm away except:

  1. Go to Work
  2. Go to the Gym
  3. Play PS3
  4. Check Facebook and Twitter
  5. FaceTime Gwen
  6. Sleep
Today was a somewhat typical day for me: woke up, went for breakfast, talked to Gwen, went to the gym, ate some lunch and now writing this.  

I must admit, I am getting tired of the hotel breakfasts... I'm not a "runny" scrambled eggs person so other options today were biscuits and gravy (no thanks, trying to watch my figure because Gwen said I have to come back looking like Van Wilder), oatmeal, fruit, waffles, toast/bagels and muffins.  So, I elected to go with the oatmeal, thought it has been a long time since I had "porridge".  However, this wasn't like my Mom's oatmeal, this was watered down something awful.  I tried loading it with brown sugar but it really didn't help.  Oh well, I know for tomorrow I guess.

The gym here is quite nice (Energie Cardio) and is very close (if it wasn't raining it would have been a 5 min walk from the hotel.  I wish that Good Life was like this gym as there was NO ONE there.  When I showed up, there was one guy showering and 4 people in the gym.  As time went on, more people showed up to a crowd total of (maybe) 20 people.  I hope it is this "busy" during the week because this will be the gym I will go to probably every day so that I can wait out the rush hour traffic at 5:00.

Ah, traffic - I thought Winnipeg was bad.  Well, after my stint in Montreal I'm sure that I will laugh at the 10 mins variability in the drive time, unlike the 30 min variability that I am expecting here...

Well, it should be about time to try and re-update my iPhone to iOS 6.  Let's hope this time it doesn't crash my phone again... (at least this time the phone is backed up more recently than December 2011).

No comments:

Post a Comment